HOODIE-WEARING THUG DEMANDS CASH FROM 90-YEAR-OLD LAUNDROMAT OWNER…AND GETS A GREAT BIG SURPRISE

The Blaze
January 2, 2014

When George Hicks was beaten up and robbed inside his R&J Laundromat in 2010, he was not armed.
So when a man in a hoodie walked into his Dayton, Ohio business Monday afternoon, shoved Hicks and demanded cash, the 90-year-old was prepared for a different outcome, WGRT-TV reported.
Hicks grabbed his gun and chased the thug out the door, WKRC-TV in Cincinnati reported.
Then Hicks dialed 911. The dispatcher asked, “Did he take any money?”
“No. No. When he shoved me, I jumped up and went for my gun and when I went for my gun I said I’ll blow your [expletive] brains out and he was gone,” Hick replied.
Was Hicks scared?
“Why get scared? I’ve got the gun and he’s running,” he told the Dayton Daily News Tuesday. “It was just funny.”
Police said the suspect is a white male, the Daily News said.
“I want to shake the man’s hand,” Tom Mauro, owner of the nearby Third Base Drive Thru, told WGRT. He can relate to Hicks: When two masked men tried to rob him in September, Mauro grabbed his gun and shot one of them in the chest, WGRT reported.
“I work seven days a week here and I really don’t want people coming in here taking what doesn’t belong to them. I won’t put up with it,” Mauro said.
Here’s a report from WGRT-TV in Dayton:

No comments: